Thursday, August 15, 2013

On The Fly

What have I been sewing lately?
How about what have I completed?

Pillows for couch = complete with handmade forms stuffed with foam and closed with invisible zippers.
Burp cloths       = Chenille on one side, flannel on the other.  I curved the shape so I could just serge them easily.  Some will be given away (while I was doing them I got a little carried away).
Kid Fleece Sleeping Bags= top edged with satin blanket binding and stitched with a programmed train stitch, will add the zippers today.  I used 1.5yds of Thomas the Train fleece.
Log Cabin blocks        = for a baby boy quilt, blue centers, blues, greens, whites, and naturals.
A simple zippered pouch = used a piece of quilted fabric that came flying at me, edged with leftover lace satin stitched decoratively on by the zipper.
Heavy Duty Fleece P.J. pants as well as flannel ones=  for the boys for winter.  Used a double needle to make the waist stitching, very pleased with effect on the heavy fleece.
Flannel Nightgown      = for me!

Summer winds down, I throw away things and use them up as we will be moving at month's end.  To the northern most city in the U.S.  I imagine days to sew when it is way too cold to venture out.

I bought a new sewing machine.  Five months of hyperemesis gravidarium gives one ample time to research what they really want.  And it took the full time to decide.  I will post on that later as I have not had much of a chance to play.  I am super pleased and excited about it.

I have some zippers to install, and a car seat blanket to make (like on pinterest) and some mending that I should do.  The boys should nap, but are not.  I am excited for what is ahead, a rec room, with a big fat corner where my sewing stuff will all go.  So no more moving machines to sew.  They might all be able to set out in a line!


No comments: