Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Chuck it already, you won't use it again!



The view Tulips Quilt Top

The day is gorgeous, and I am slacking in the sewing room organization department. I snagged a little sunshine at lunch, but I am still recovering from the virus I read about in the paper. Yesterday I wore myself out cleaning and organizing all the garden stuff into the new shed, so I think I am tired of cleaning for the moment. It was a big job, so I am glad it is done!

The roses are growing nicely, buds are forming, but so far no color yet. The tulips are at the end, so I am ready for the roses.


I threw a bunch of stuff away yesterday, spurred by my grandmother who is moving out of her home, and realizing that she kept everything, I decided I don't want to become that way, and I had a throw away party with myself. I tell ya, some decisions were hard, and I teetered, but there is nothing like the feeling of a bursting full trash can when the day comes for it's pick up.



I need to take that advice into the studio I suppose (and the closet). I've already gone through that stuff though, its just a matter of finding a room arrangement I like for a room that is just a bit too small for all it does.


The quilt in the picture is for my nephew, and I have it pinned and waiting. I will start in, as soon as I can make my way to the machine. Guess I could have turned the light on, but the photo speaks so much about how I feel about the cleaning up part sometimes. I like the creating but I leave a wildfire of a mess when I re-arrange. How bout you? I know you can hardly wait for the after picture!











No comments: