Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Almost There!

The midway point. I will do this.
Clip Lamps! So cool.
Sombreuil, a beauty that smells even better.
Blue Girl, inspiring.

So the process is underway, and I think I'm midway through the studio reorganization. I added some great clip lights atop my design wall, and also on my cutting table. This is a vast improvement (did you notice my pictures were dark) it makes a huge difference in the mood, and I'm thrilled. I found them at Wally world, and got the last few left on the shelf. A little extension cord magic, and poof!


The roses are doing well and I am particularly impressed with Varigated di Bolgona (sp?). I do love the old roses. Love scattering them about...





Well, its been awhile since I've had the time to sew when I'm not too tired, so I'm hoping to get some studio time in tonight. I got Creative Drawings the new embroidery software which kicks it, and I want to do some stitch outs. Three thousand designs come with it, how can you go wrong?





Last night I took a walk through the neighborhood. I was noticing all the color. The softly white roses, the nectarine color poison berries, the slowly browning grass in the fields. These colors made me think about working at more unexpected color choices. Nature has these unexpected choices, brown with orange and fuchsia, and greens with yellow and the white of new blossoms. Somehow it is easy to loose this flow of color when we step into the sewing room. Why? We try to hard to match fabrics I suppose.





Well, I'm off to put in another hour and hopefully finish up most of the rest of the putting things away that there is left to do. Art is messy, and really why not make one?










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stefanie, you are a poetess !!!
I need your help regarding Creative DRAWings: you could use the 3,000 embroidery designs, you could just convert images to embroidery files but you can use it as an artistic tool and Create/draw your stitches. Please try that and let me know of your experience. It is very important for me...
Thanks
Miltos
P.S. I am not sure if I will get your answer here; in any case this is my email: contact@stitch.com