Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Creative Maverick


A lot of the artsy blogs that I have been reading lately have focused on small little projects, the kind with gratification that occurs in the same week as the concepts idea. Maybe that has been part of the problem with my lagging inspiration lately- getting in over my head. Well the quilt is coming along, and I am pleased with how my machine quilting is improving. No wrinkles so far, and that is great.


The kitchen is cleaned and the laundry going, so much of the modern home requires the human to start and stop stuff. In the moving of stuff from point A to point B, do we become this superhuman keeper go-er? And why do we humans have this need to arrange things, and not just any way but a specific way? And further we all have our specific ways. And these ways are so precarious. And yet we seek sometimes a "normal." No wonder everybody is so confused.


I was also pondering the idea that creativity requires the maverick in us all to come to the forefront and be ready to make mistakes. And for me it requires a real quiet of mind to come to the fork in the creative process where all I have ever seen is removed, and I can focus on the ideas of my soul.

No comments: