Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Naughty Girl - Finish Your Projects!!

"Art quilters are naughty quilters because they do things traditional quilters wouldn't dare do."

This is what I am doing today, my only day off this week. It has been so relaxing: beautiful day, barely just a slight breeze, watering the roses while I wait for stuff to dry. I am experimenting with Setacolor Soleil, and I knew there was some reason why I had been collecting the mesh from fruit bags - this is it! It is kinda like a sun resist effect.

I came across this quote somewhere online, and I thought how appropriate for where I am creatively right now. I have become unsatisfied with traditional piecing, have ventured into the art stuff, but still feel the need to just sit down and do some "no brainer" cutie cutter, rotary stripped piecing every once in awhile. (For now I just need to quilt up the ones I have made!)
The painting/dying part of my road towards art quilts has been the most fun so far.
When making art quilts I find that despite all the great fabric out there I always need a piece I can find- like a realistic skin tone fabric or a dark blue that's very dark but has some light. I need to stock up on some more dyes and pdf before I do another dying session, but that may have to wait until more into summer.

The house needs attention, but NOT ON MY DAY OFF! Maybe this is where the NAUGHTY comes in?? If I let that bother me I would never focus on my art. This new painted fabrics makes me want to do some small wall pieces...... I have left some space with open color fields where I will do some embroidery or apply transfered pictures. All the blogs I have been reading lately have shown some great smallish projects - A fabric art book, love it. A journal type thing with pockets and sayings. Endless inspiration!

Well I will post the pics in a bit when I am through outside, it got too hot, and I needed a drink break! Back to the outdoors.


No comments: