Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thrifting First Class




Today was extremely hot, and the soreness from a July 4th hike was intense. Goat Mountain was scaled on a clear hot day, and imagine the irony of slipping and falling on your butt in snow on the 4th. Today I stocked up on some embroidery floss and basics (new cutter and machine needles) and then hit the thrift store. Sometimes I go and I wonder why, and others I go and find all kinds of cheery stuff. You will notice the champagne classes and the old flask. I have flutes but not these shaped ones. I always wanted to do the champagne glass tower some time when I entertain, so I will be keeping an eye out for more. A old perfume bottle and a covered glass dish. The Popsicle mold is my favorite, and I just happen to already have tops that fit just right. Thrift stores really can set you pondering on the meaning of life, certainly it is a little eerie when you find that missing component or an item you had been looking at, but didn't want to pay a lot for, and along it comes for a little over a buck. It is like God kicks in and just decided to tease you, and it gives you a smile.
The rose "Pat Austin" delights the sewing room, and these are pictures of my sun painting experience on my one day off, which I must say when better than planed except for the neck sun burn. I am going to do a lot of thread painting too as I quilt the surface of this painting.
I think of what it would be like to have the time to complete all my fiber fantasy visions, and I wonder how a lifetime will suffice, and yet, it is all passing as the petal and the breath, and I will now go dream, wandering into the colorless waterfall of dormancy.

No comments: