Friday, July 13, 2007

Have Floss Will Travel

Well, we are off for the weekend, so I have packed a bag of cross-stitch stuff to keep me busy. I come loaded with presents, and water toys, and wear a wonder-woman hat. Cross-stitch keeps me supplied with a color fix when I travel. It also for me is a form of meditation, and I find rich and rewarding thoughts when I sit and stitch at little crosses. Yes, I could stitch by machine, and I do. I like the feeling of floss as the outdoor breeze disturbs it's behavior.
There will always be handwork. Hand stitches will endure. No matter your sewing machine or your equipment, or software or technology; deft little pinches of fabric will be tucked by hand. People have to stitch- they have to make things beautiful. What they find is what the stitches make of them.

No comments: