Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Rose Wristlet


This is the embroidery that I used from the CreativeDRAWings(r) cd, and now the wristlet is finished! It was done on microfiber faux suede and is fully lined and zippered with fringe applied on the bottom edge, ribbon is used to make a wrist loop and zipper pull. You may see it here soon? I have put the software instructions at the end of my post if anyone is interested.


Here are some glimpses of the process:







This was a fun little project, and a great use of those embroidered squares that people can sometimes wonder what to do with beside making a quilt. I like the not just embroidering on cotton idea.


Well, today is the day that I put in my hour of cleaning the studio, I want to use this white polka dotted red sheer sometime soon and will need the cutting counter for precision. I am mustering up the courage to cut out my pattern for the storage towers later when all is done today.









Rose Wristlet Software Instructions:
Double Click the Creative DRAWings desktop shortcut to the open the software.
Click Create New
Click From Embroidery
Select Design Folder
Open the folder 01
Open the folder Roses
Select & open Tres rosas
Choose fabric type
Select Finish
Using the Rectangle Selection tool Click and drag over an area to highlight any areas that you may want to change the color of the design. ( The display models yellow roses with green stems and buds). When selected click on a color from your palette to insert the color change. Clicking on areas with this tool selected will highlight spaces to make color changes possible.
When finished with any changes select File, Save as, and choose the format you would like to save as.



















No comments: