Monday, December 31, 2007

Accomplishing

Well, there has been the colds, the Holidays, and really, the general disinterest in the sewing room lately. I put together a garment rack and got it up in my studio so all the colors of the rainbow are now clearly well represented by t-shirts in my wardrobe. My new shoes are organized. There is some residual clutter that I am dealing with as a result, but overall the result is pleasing.

I am working on my blocks of the week (catch-up) for the quilt a long, and have finished my part of a round robin for quilt group, so soon I will be back to the art quilt that nags at me on my design wall. The sun is nice today, and it lifts the mood toward the new year ahead.

All in all this has been a year of trial for me. I am expecting the year ahead to hold more cheer. I have been contemplating my resolutions, and so far only one stands out to me, and that is that I would like to sew more garment and utility items. I feel like I have been doing a lot of quiltmaking and that that has been taking over my creative time. Some of the items I would like to sew are:
1. Lounge pants
2. Sundress out of cotton lawn
3. A carry all bag
4. A patchwork purse
I will get to the storage cart covers, hopefully start sewing on them after the party I am throwing this next week.

Thought for the new year:

An easy hobby is a boring hobby-

No comments: