Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nursery


I'd started this quilt years ago. Before I EVER knew that I would have kids, let alone boys. Before I knew that they would have a room that looked out to the sea. I had finished the top and all the quilting except the corner design, which I tried to hand quilt, and it just wasn't working as the fabric was too high of a thread count. In frustration I set it aside, because I really wanted that hand quilted look for the corners. Something about having kids, who knows, but now I am over it, and I went ahead and just machine quilted, so now I just have to finish hand stitching the binding. It will hang on the wall, and I'm thinking the back of their door even close to the picture frame that is naval bouys.

Still redo-ing the boys room, these are the before pictures. There is the addition of the new crib, a changing table, and the bookcase moves to the left wall. I really wish that the bookcase was cherry like the cribs, but for now it is working. The room is very small, probaly orginally intended for an office, but then the boys will be little too, for awhile.
The closet organization is going better than expected, but I'm still waiting on a part that wasn't shipped. The good news is there is already open space which hasn't been filled, thanks to the little guys growth spurt, and the new collapsible bin system I'm configuring.



A race track I made for the cars, I backed it in polar fleece and just serged with wooley-nylon thread. It can double as a nice blanket, although I think he is still a little young yet to get that cars run on the roads and not just on peoples' legs.

So I'll get the cribs all wiped down, re-made, their quilts washed (except the wall one) and up on the rails. The walls are my stumbling block, I don't want to hang stuff over the crib, but how do I make a bunch of little pictures that used to be on a shelf work on the big wall?




No comments: