Friday, January 11, 2008

Flecks of Joy

As Friday draws to the lull in the afternoon, we all know the moment, where the week seems to stretch out with the anticipation of some time off, I take a break and marvel and just what a good week it has been. Visits with old and new friends, new fabric acquisitions, a trip to the big city, a movie in the evening, the better part of a morning spent in thought while doing the dishes.

My goal this weekend is to sew a garment. So if nothing comes up, I will do so. The house is caught up, and the laundry - I really should take a picture just to prove it. Soft piano plays in the background, and I have inspiration to write. I should get to the second novel waiting in the wings. The characters are probably starting to believe that I have forgotten their moments and emotions.

I'm thinking about how we all live our lives so differently. Everyone has their peculiarities which somehow fleck off onto everyone else- if only to take for in a passing thought up in the brain that is flushed out as soon and the chin darts to the other shoulder.

What is the message that you brought to someone today. And what was it they gave to you in return?

No comments: