Thursday, January 31, 2008

Shift Gears Already



January is almost through, and I have been in a frenzy of cutting things out. They get cut out, put neatly in a bag, awaiting the seamstress in me to ignight. I like the feeling of having a project all ready to just sit down and sew. No back and forth between the cutting area and the machine. I must admit that while I may loose some of the initial flow or enthusiasm for the project, I am attracted to the compartmentalized idea of a garment all ready to be sewn. I ponder my motivation for all this cutting:

merely because I have the dining room table fully extended?

a response to the grey days of winter which is no doubt eased by bright fabric?

a way to feel like I have used my fabric without really?

So then, as the law of nature would have it, I pile up all these cutting for use, and then a friend throws a project my way. And who can refuse a pillowcase to attempt when the fabric and pillow come accompanied with a caddy full of stamps?

Do you get in creative modes? Cutting mode, sewing mode, studio reorganization mode (I have been stuck here for awhile before the current cutting mode, embroidering mode, and etc. ?

No comments: