Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Breathe and have peace and quiet


It is Tuesday and that mere fact leads me to wonder shouldn't I feel more powered up? Well, the day has been lackluster if you wanted to focus on the weather outside. The sunrise is from another morning. Inside however there has been a lot of accomplishing. I made healthy muffins and granola, so alas something for breakfast. The house smells warmly of oatmeal and cinnamon, and I am just slightly unsure where the summer went.

I am reflecting on the sewing party I hosted with some girlfriends, most didn't really sew and I was pleased at their digging in and trying something new. I think they had a good time. I got the idea to make notecards with a theme word. I used: wind, forrest, waterfall, mountain, sunset, and winter and told the girls to create a block with that word as an inspiring theme. I sat out my three mega tubs of scraps which are separated into light, medium, and dark, and told them they could use anything out of the bins.
It is so amazing how different everyone's imagination is. Not only do people look all different,
but they all have unique imaginations as well. The finished blocks! So the party was a success, and I am hoping to sucker them all into coming over for enough times to get a quilt.
I know this may be a small thing for many people, but I have always wanted milk in the glass bottles. Now not only do I find this local milk in glass, but to find it with a blue top-
My affection is won.
I sure goes good with the granola, still just a bit warm.

I was thinking on silence today, it seems rather quiet up here in my neck of the woods, maybe because I wasn't playing any music, or perhaps because it just seemed still, but I appreciated the quiet. I feel like our nation is deprived of solitude and my heart go out to the stressed out everywhere.

1 comment:

SeamRippstress said...

Now that's my kinda sewing party! The milk in the bottle makes it :) What a cool mix of unique art!
And thanks for stopping and commenting on my Bee EL Oh Gee!