Friday, August 31, 2007

I Finished!




So I finished a piece, after a little pause to obtain the purple thread that was dark enough for the moutians. Whale Horizons is a small art piece that is hand painted and free-motion quilted. I have fun working on this scale sometimes because I tend to do things big, did I say big, I meant huge. So I feel some sense of accomplishment at the end of the week. Labor Day may hold some time for me in the studio as we are sticking around home. I hope others are doing something more exciting.
I have some similar hand painted fabrics to embellish and have created a series. I think that I might even try to sell them sometime. I really felt that this piece didn't want a binding, so I serged around the edge in grey thread. I like it.
I potted some house plants today and they are uplifting. So nice to have something alive in our modern homes.

1 comment:

SeamRippstress said...

Oh this whale piece is exquisite!! I'm a Pisces myself but your stitching and painting are just beautiful! I'm truly inspired to finish a painted piece after seeing yours. Lovely!