Friday, August 24, 2007

What Happened To The Other 2%?

You Are 98% Creative
You are an incredibly creative person. For you, there are no bounds or limits to your creativity.Your next creation could be something very great... Or at least very cool!



The giant firs stand upright, charcoal in grey sudsy air. I have a bit left of my tea, and it's warmth luxuriates in porcelain as I inhale damp mist. Soon I will whirl into motion. I love to pause in the morning for just a minute to take in the fresh feeling that accompanies the start of a day. Each has such a different mood and song and I would hate to rush so and leave the refrain to drop.
There is enough breeze to buoy the sheer, and I brush it with my palm and walk out onto the deck. Yesterday was a challenging day, but it was filled with blessings, it just depends on how I choose to view it. I coped with a little fabric therapy, as I figure that is a much more rewarding and cost effective route. The secrets, anguish, which becomes buried in the fibers we purchase and set about designing with. Each piece carries a little hope or a bad memory. As a capsule of the despair of not knowing what to do, we acquire so we can remember an instance with a fabric. It soothes us somehow, even just sitting on the shelf. It excites when an unexpected association becomes apparent with another old friend, and a new idea is born. The glory when it is sewn.
Maybe in making a lot of changes in my life, I have left behind the other 2% of my creativity. Maybe the missing two percent is under a pile of fabric and stifled by the threads that haven't yet been put away from a time before. Perhaps I have it, but it is unused, stifled by the noise of accomplishment and daily life in the needing of having that 2% anyway?
I am due for some time, a block of time in the studio. It gets irritating when life gets in the way, and I think that is the 2% surely. The damp air spurts me onward. The fog is cocooning, it is slowing almost with the atmosphere of obscurity. I delight in this weird, maniacal summer of never ending weather surprises. It is like nature lost it's 2% too, and is making all these changes just to join into the fun. Fore she is a mother of many fabrics, woven textures defined by an invisible wizard whom seeks- to lure, to fascinate, and tempt.

No comments: