Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Do Something Creative Today

Even if that means just getting dressed with lots of color! I notice that the people that seem more cheery and interesting are often dressed in loud color. Particularly this lady I saw wearing turquoise pants, a hat with white and orange patterned brim, and a shirt of an entirely different hue. I thought for a moment about the absurdity of the outfit, before realizing that on her it didn't entirely look bad, in fact I much appreciated her sensibility as it seems age makes change and mixing things up all the more hard for people.
I sprained my hand, so the studio accomplishing has halted for now. I will let my knuckle rest up and in the meanwhile will do a little organization.
I have again been pondering the meaning of life. I get stuck sometimes with fascination on all the different journeys' that people undertake in this life. How do choice and fate mix? And what of the hand of God? If this earth is a school, then our challenges make sense due to the concept that good comes in the form of learning. But what is there to gain from disease and troubles that have always plagued mankind? Forgive me because maybe I delude myself with the waterfalls of books that occupy curiosity thus inviting these enigma's to rest a while. Suntan even. Sometimes I feel like the quest for understanding the purpose of life is as the ant which frenzies about bearing the burden of large crumbs for another. Perhaps this issue is the largest question mankind has found to ask other than where do we come from?
Why does color lift the mood? Why am I on a bean sprout kick? How come the clouds have to hid the stars?
I think creativity hinges on people doing new things. As if flux and determination could gel into a pudding for consumption, or the wave flee the ocean.

No comments: