Saturday, November 24, 2007

Grandmother's

I was happily oblivious to the conversations going on around me, flipping through an old cookbook, the neat kind that are the accumulated pile of everyone's recipes. So a little surprise awaited me, a recipe submitted by my husband's grandmother. A Grandmother which in her elder years, he was kind enough to run dinner over for.
So tonight in the oven is:

Chow Mein casserole:

1 lb hamburger (I think ground turkey would be good)
1 c. chopped onion
1 can mushroom soup (I used organic)
2 1/2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/2 c. uncooked rice (I used a mix)
2 c. water

Brown hamburger, then celery and onions. Mix with all other ingredients. Put into a casserole and bake about 1 1/2 hours at 350.

Simple and easy, and I double it just for fun, maybe that will buy me some extra time to finish that quilt this weekend so I can have it wrapped up for the nephew - who just got a new bed!



1 comment:

Niki said...

Hi Stefanie,
The casserole recipe sounds great! I have posted on my candle making in the past and will post on the new mold as soon as I try it out.
email me if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.
blessings,