Sunday, November 18, 2007

Quilt A Long



My block!
So this is my first Quilt-a-long. Crazy Mom Quilts got me inspired do to the challenge. A coincidence occured due to me looking at my stack of thirties prints the day before I read her blog and thinking I need to do something with those. I took it as a sign to take action, so I did. (I just watched the Celestine Prophecy if you are wondering.)


So much has been going on in the studio. My machines have been humming, the lights hungrily burning fossil fuels to illuminate the tall space. I am really pleased with all that I have been accomplishing, most of it in small chunks of time when they become available. During the power outage, I made the pattern for the storage cart covers, and got all the pieces cut out. I can't wait for some extra time to sew, and my goal is to have these done, along with another quilt which only requires a couple more rows of quilting before I will post the product.

You can see the clear plastic I used to draft the pattern on. This allowed me to see where I positioned the piece on the pattern of the fabric. That way I also have a record if I ever want to make another in the future. I fold up all my used patterns, put them in Ziplocs and then file them in their correctly labeled tub. The pattern covers the Costco wire shelving that is on casters.


I have also been achieving small steps on my art quilt project which has been hogging the design wall, whispering to me that it is feeling neglected amid all my other utility projects.

Product Review: I was surprised to find these at my local art store, so I put them to the test:


I want to get to stamping some more fabric, I feel something coming that I will want to do with them, but I haven't defined what it is yet. Anyone have ideas? I also have some new embroidery cards that I want to try and specifically some Christmas ones.
In other news, the homestead is quiet today, Moby plays softly in the background and I am all dressed up to go over to relatives for dinner. I must say that my hair looks really good, which surprised me it has been wild lately. I'm looking forward to the drive and some time with my sweetie.

No comments: