Monday, November 26, 2007

Pocket Full Of Wisdom

So how was everyone's turkey day? Mine was good, good defined as not having to do any cooking. Nice to have a day off from that once in awhile. I am contemplating whether or not ice cream is allowed after working out???
Here is my wondrous arrangement, I produced it just before Thanksgiving for a grand total of about 75 cents. The basket was a gift and it just begged to be filled with flowers. Rather than rushing right out to do this idea that popped into my head, I waited, and then was able to scoop up some clearance stems.
The Canadians are saying it may snow, and I got that feeling just before I turned on the radio and heard about it, but according to my weather station is it 35 degrees. Maybe tonight! It would go so well to the Christmas music that I have been working to.
Without further blathering, here is my block bad pic, but finished and posted! #2:
I was curious today as I drove home, just what role the creation of beauty plays into our life purpose. I could do something, or I could go the extra mile, and do something well and beautiful. I think of being creative and using those inspirations that assail me in quiet and busy hours alike; and I find that living out those visions is surely a way to fulfill the purpose of one's life.
Walking along the seashore yesterday I found myself gathering little bits. The water was an icy calm and the tankers where at the dock for their loads. My sweetie got lost somewhere up in the bushes picking rose hips, and I walked on solitarily and slowly with my face bowed to the gems of the beach. The drift was large and fresh from the winds not much over a week ago, and I wanted to sit, but soon required movement to keep warm.
I walked to the white rock and turned around, releasing some unknown bunch of feathers to the wind, and reaching up to sweep the hat off of my head. The beach teaches much to a quilter, a fiber artist, or anyone whom seeks to create beauty with color in their lives.
I will take these thoughts with me, if I can hold them close without the demands of the day interrupting, and I will close the door to the studio and play, pocketing the meaning of life along with the rounds smooth stones and the little teeth of glass shards that followed me home to rest in the warmth.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It feels like snow in Portland, too. I can only hope. and I should mention that I'm not the best judge of what that "snow" feeling is :) Great Job on your week two block, mine are cut, but still sitting.
Week 3= pinwheels. yay!

Rian said...

Hi Stephanie, that is a lovely floral arrangement. I am always in awe of people who can do things with flowers. Probably because I'm totally clueless, but I appreciate the art just the same.

By the way, ice cream is fine. Any time.