Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quilts, Pace of Life


The pace today is slowed, but I still have a pace, and I suppose some days that is the best anyone can ask! Just enjoying the hours of this beautiful day. Here is the quilt that was finally pinned with help of my quilt group. It is rolled up and waiting in the studio, until I finish up the last bit of my other one. And it will happen before Christmas.

Details






The tentative plan is to do some tiny circles or stippling around the house in the center to make it stand out, and then I think I will design a free flow rose motif to quilt in the square area of the chain. This quilt is a cal-king coverlet size. So it is large, and I worry it may be more like years and years before I finish the machine quilting on this puppy.

I'm getting some strength back after the harsh cold that everybody all over seems to be getting.


I want to make this quilt. Am I the only weirdo that takes picture of the T.V. screen during movies? Can anyone guess the movie? I'll type it at the end of the post. What I like about this quilt is the worn look that the color gives off. It has a nautical feeling, but also a heart of folk. I have been looking for the right blue for the background, and then I realized that it was probably an original navy that has worn and faded. With such a large block it would go together quick and be a great gift for a guy.
I however have projects to finish before this, and want to spend more time on some fabric painting/stamping/coloring. Maybe I could dye some fabric this summer for it? This could be a time when E-Quilt comes in handy.
As I write, the cows are headed into the barn, a giant black and white one stopped to munch a little. Now he is hustling to catch up. The clouds hug the mountain low at the foothills, but all around it is clear and blue sky. The fields are damp and wet and a deep chartreuse. I am grateful the wind has left and I am starting to think I would like a little snow around the homestead.
(Little Women)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am in love with your winter/holiday quilt. Big time. I've meant to make a holiday quilt for a few years now.

And I would love to swap some blocks with you from the quilt a long!